Name: Caroline Conroy
Years involved in Athletics: 7 years
Other sports participated in: none.
1. What is your earliest running memory?
I remember running in the community games when I was 9 years, we lived in Dublin at the time and I got to run in Santry and was very proud. It was the day of my 9th birthday my Great Granny was 90th on the same day, we had a joint party. I came last on the day and cried.
2. Where do you draw your inspiration from?
From my dad who was also a runner, he ran with Redgate Co. Clare, his ran sub 3 hour marathons and always encouraged me to run and supported me.
3. What do you consider your biggest accomplishment in athletics ?
Running my first marathon in 3 hours 29 seconds & Winning 100m sprint in the County Track & Field. (Beating Breeda Griffin)lol.
4. What do you currently /did you do in your training that are/were keys to your success?
Run consistently each week and attend track sessions.
5. How many miles on average did you run per week?
6. Do you prefer road racing, track or cross country?
I love them all.
7. Favourite race distance?
I like 5 mile races.
8. Favourite race location/ race event to take part in?
Love Dublin City Marathon & Ballyhoura Series.
9. What is/was your diet like?
3 Meals a day, small treat each day.
10. Who was/is your training partner or did/do you train solo?
I run a lot alone, meet up with Yvonne Deegan, Country Club for long runs, Mark Purcell to push me and the Happy Training Club for enjoyable runs, some craic and breakfast in Ivans after. Love both running alone or with running friends.
11. What is the best advice that you were given?
Enjoy running, we are not going to the Olympics!
11. Do you have a saying or motto that you live your life by?
Life is short, enjoy it!
12. If you could run with any person, past or present, who would it be?
I wouldn’t mind a run with Sonia O Sullivan and get a few tips from her J.
13. Anything else you’d like to share?
I got back into running at 35 years of age, I have met lots of great friends along the way. I joined my first running club, West Limerick Ac and never looked back, I love to run and really enjoy the social side of this sport. It’s a great sport and love to encourage people to get involved.
Caroline Conroy – Members Interviewed
Want to Join The Club?
Adult Membership is currently open. If you have been a member of a different Athletics Club in the past 3 years a Transfer Form is required. Please contact us and we will assist with the transfer.